Monday, January 5, 2015

From the Eyes of Y-Z

I have a 'generation gap' with my own generation. I've always been out of time, anachronistic. Simply put, I don't fit in.

Though, I appreciate retro RPGs and fantasy art so I got that going and it's definitely nice. For the past few months, I've been running around, spending & bargaining (heavily bargaining) for the peeps at PTRPG's old games. Mostly pre-2000s. My first purchase was Star Frontiers and Castle Falkenstein, and that would be reviewed soon. I love the psychic trace, the notion that in this box set are memories of young kids having the time of their lives.

It's like I'm siphoning their astral energy (if you're into that sort of stuff. I'm not)

With that said, I'm launching a new series in my blog: From the Eyes of Y-Z. I'll be giving my two cents (not really review because I suck at that) on retro RPGs. There's going to be lots of pictures for the unboxing, and what I think about it: and that would be the theme of 'From the Eyes of Y-Z'.

A anachronistic kid raised in the 21st century's look on games created long before he was born (and how it fits in with his 21st century friends). Feel free to feel nostalgia while I experience wonder at something old but new.

A completely unrelated picture. Oh wait, no, half of these are from the City of Mysteries AD&D accessory!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're enjoying the City of Mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tobie! We even named a district of our little village 'District 2B R-Ki'. Hahaha

      Delete